Practice Plan Information
Q What is Practice Plan?
A Practice Plan is a comprehensive dental payment plan. It’s a way of spreading the cost of your routine and restorative dental care as specified by your dentist. The plan includes worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover (Supplementary Insurance) and access to Practice Plan’s 24-hour Worldwide Emergency Helpline for support and dental advice.
Q When will my Practice Plan Care start?
A Your dentist will agree the start date for your Practice Plan contract with you. This date will be on your contract and will always be the first day of a month.
Q How will Practice Plan benefit my dental health?
A You can use Practice Plan to support a preventive approach to your oral healthcare. Regular check-ups, dental care and oral health advice can help reduce the need for costly and complex dental treatment.
Q How much does it cost?
A It will depend on the amount of care you need. Please note that there is a one-off registration charge on joining, equal to one month’s fee. See our fees section for the 2017 fee bands.
Q Are there any discounts available?
A Yes. Where more than one member of a family (or group) at a single address are registered with any Practice Plan dentist at one practice, the following discounts apply:
Two family/group members -5%
Three family/group members -10%
Four or more family/group members -15%
The Supplementary Insurance and Practice Plan Insurance Services fees do not have discounts applied.
Please note: to qualify for discount, all payments must be collected using a single Direct Debit. All correspondence will be sent to the address of the person who pays for the dental payment plans.
Q Who am I in contract with?
A For the dental care you receive under Practice Plan you are in contract with Colne View Dental Surgery.
For the Supplementary Insurance element you are in contract with Practice Plan.
Benefits at a glance
Practice Plan gives you:-
- An easy way to spread the cost of your routine preventive and restorative dental care
- Supplementary Insurance, to provide cover if you have a dental injury or dental emergency
Routine preventive and restorative care from your dentist which includes
- Scaling, polishing and other hygiene treatment
- Preventive dental advice and therapy
- Dental x-rays
- Necessary fillings
- Any necessary extractions
Major restorative care from your dentist
- Periodontal (gum) treatment
- Crowns, bridges, dentures, inlays (excluding laboratory fees)
- Root canal treatment
Practice Plan does not cover
- Laboratory fees, cerec construction and prescriptions.
- Any treatment excluded by the dentist in your contract, which is then payable by you to the dentist
- Referral to a specialist or specialist treatment
- Treatment carried out by someone other than by your registered dentist, except when you need emergency temporary dental treatment
- Orthodontics, implants, cosmetic treatment
- Sedation fees
Please remember: your routine treatment is at the discretion of your dentist. This is a summary of the benefits, exclusions and limitations. Full terms and conditions can be found in the Membership Booklet.
As part of Practice Plan you receive Supplementary Insurance which includes
- Worldwide dental emergency cover
- Dental injury cover (up to £10,000 per injury)
- Temporary emergency dental treatment in the UK (up to £450 per incident. Maximum amount payable £900 per calendar year)
- Temporary emergency dental treatment when overseas (up to £460 per incident. Maximum amount payable £920 per calendar year)
- Hospital cash payment
- Up to £50 for each night you stay in hospital under the care of a dental or maxillofacial surgeon for dental treatment for up to one year
- Mouth cancer
- Up to £2500 towards one course of treatment for up to 18 months following diagnosis (smokers are included)
Supplementary Insurance does not cover
- Emergency dental treatment provided by your own dentist or a dentist/specialist acting on your dentist’s behalf
- Dental injury caused while training for or participating in contact sports, unless appropriate mouth protection is worn
- Mouth cancer diagnosed before joining Practice Plan or within 90 days after the date you joined Practice Plan (or for which tests or consultations began within those 90 days)
- Mouth cancer situated in the tonsils
Practice Plan Insurance Services
- 24-Hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline
- Arrangement of worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover (Supplementary Insurance)
- Help with enquiries about Supplementary Insurance