Despite the changes to mask wearing for the general public our guidance has been confirmed as not changing.
England: Face coverings must still be worn in healthcare settings
Following our recent message to the Prime Minister, England’s Chief Nursing Officer Ruth May has now clarified that face coverings must still be worn in healthcare settings: “Face coverings and social distancing measures will remain in place across healthcare settings so that the most vulnerable people can continue to safely attend hospital, their GP surgery, pharmacy or any other healthcare settings for advice, care and treatment. And it is important for the public to continue to play their part when visiting NHS and care settings to help protect our staff and patients, particularly those who may be more vulnerable to infections.”
You cannot visit the practice without an appointment – you must phone us first to be triaged and a time slot allocated.
We are open for all urgent and necessary care including check ups at the current time. .
We would first like to thank you for your patience at this difficult time.
For the safety of all our patients and staff we have undertaken a comprehensive risk assessment and review of procedures in light of COVID and our new guidelines so many things have changed. Here is a guide of things new for the practice.
- ALL appointments should be made over the telephone – no walk in visits are allowed.
- There will be a phone triage from the dentist or receptionist where you will be asked questions about your health and Covid – only after this can an appointment be made.
- If you have any symptoms or have been in possible contact with COVID in the last 14 days we cannot see you! If you are in serious pain call us, and we can arrange referral to a COVID Urgent Dental Care Centre.
- We now are able to use the waiting room, but you must wear a mask before entering the building.
- Drilling and ultrasonic cleaning procedures now are classed as Aerosol Generating Procedures ( AGPs) and require specialised PPE and for us to close the surgery room for decontamination afterward so we will try to do as much in a single session as possible y.
- Thus simple cleans must be undertaken with hand-scalers only unless at the same time as a filling (AGP), and no polishing allowed again unless with a filling (AGP).
- Please bring the minimum in the way of coats/bags etc as we have limited room for them that needs sanitising prior to the next patient.
- Please try to use the toilet before you attend we are advised our facilities should only be used in an emergency.
- Please pay by card if possible – as you may not have your coat or bag, please remember your card!
- Reception has a screen and we ask patient to respect this.
- We will still discuss your needs then form a treatment plan, but not get you to sign a copy for our records anymore( to minimise contact through pens etc). We will instead place on your notes a record saying ”Treatment plan discussed with patient including costs, Verbal consent only during COVID restrictions was obtained”. If you want a print out please do not hesitate to ask.
These may change due to new guidance and the ever changing nature of the current restrictions. You can be assured we will do everything in our power to keep you as safe as possible during your treatment with us.
Thank you again for your patience and continue custom with Colne View Dental Surgery Ltd
The Dental Team
Welcome to our quality care Dental Practice in Brightlingsea
Our practice is relaxed, spacious and comfortable. We are equiped with the latest technology to provide our patients with Dentistry of the highest standard. Our team consists or friendly caring people.Our objective is to make your visit to the dentist a pleasant one.
We enjoy meeting the high expectations of our patients.
We provide a personalised service, with our approach taylored to each individual’s specific needs.
You will be provided with all of the facts so that the choices you make are the best for you.We are passionate about our work, and we attribute our ongoing success to this.
In an Emergency – Tel: 01206 302307
If you need to see the Dentist in an emergency please call the practice immediately.
If you have an emergency at the weekend please call the practice answer phone. This will give you information and contact details of the emergency Dentist on call.